Effects of DoTA
A limited time offer! Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
DotA is an electronic game that is mostly played. It is a kind of neither a game that excites the students to play because of the new updates that come across that game, DotA can be an online game nor a local game, can be played by group. This is a kind of character game, means that they’re aiming a good character. This is a bloody game on computer. There are many students and even some young professional are addicted to Defense of the Ancients or DotA. This is a kind of computer games that can be played by many players and is one of the most popular games to young students.
Many students get addicted to this game and they even long hours inside the computer shop just playing this kind of game. There are studies that getting addicted in playing computer games affects their studies and this is the cause why they are lying to their parents that they need extra money for their school project but the truth is they are just using the money to rent a computer where they can play DotA with their classmates. Sometimes in order to make the game exciting, they have a deal to pay those who won the game so it becomes already a form of gambling.
When time spent on the computer, playing DotA games or cruising the internet reaches a point that it harms a child’s or adult’s family and social relationships, or disrupts school or work life, that person maybe caught in a cycle of addiction. Like other addictions, DotA game has replaced friends and family as the source of a person, emotional life. Increasingly, to feel good, the addicted person spends more time playing video games or searching the internet.
When a person spends up to ten hours a day or more rearranging or sending files, playing games, surfing the net, visiting chat rooms, instant messaging, and reading emails. That easily can reach up to seventy to eighty hours a week online with the computer. Major social, school or work disruptions will result.
Description of Researcher’s Role
In this study we had many roles to be tag along and to be acted upon depending on the situation. In our research we, the researchers are the instruments. We interact and collaborate with our respondents and gathers data by ourselves. However, in quantitative research, we are non-existent we use instruments to collect data and do not interact with our respondents. These roles and their accompanying broadly stated problems for deliberation are suitable to the Collaborative Research Model in mind.
We the researcher’s of this case applied these roles:
We conducted interviews on our respondents: DotA players/addicts Researched some information’s in the internet regarding in our case Read books in the library for the formats
Joint our opinions with regards to the topic
We considered our limitations in conducting the interview
After gathering information during our interview and analyzing the information on the case of the effects of DotA, we therefore conclude that this DotA game has a great effect to the person who are playing on it and come to an end of addiction. The player of this game doesn’t matter with their ages and status. From the young’s to adults DotA is the game that is mostly played.
It also leads the players to make risky behavior that tends DotA players forget their obligations and also their personal Hygiene. DotA also complicates relationship on family, friends and special someone.
As a whole DotA can change the lives of the people who used to play this game.
DoTA was originally created by a legendary mapmaker called just by his alias “Eul” (hence the item Eul’s Scepter of Divinity) on of Warcraft III : Reign of Chaos World Editor. Upon the release of the Frozen Throne expansion, Eul failed to update his map and generous enough to let others develop the map into what we known today as DoTA AllStars by another mapmaker called “Guinsoo” (hence also the item Guinsoo). With the great features of World Editor, DoTA maps was even more creatively developed in the 6.x versions by today’s DoTA AllStars main programmer called “Icefrog”. Until today, Icefrog declares official map editions of DoTA even though many other World Editor mapmakers edit DoTA maps in subtle different ways.
World Editor is a JASS(J-Asynchronous Scripting Syntax)-based application software used to create and edit 3D game maps in Blizzard ‘s Warcraft III. The mapmaker can custom the game through existing virtual palette for units, buildings structures, terrains, sectors, and cameras views. There is also an added pallete imported from Starcraft’s map editor called doodads (for waters, trees, bushes, boulders, skeletons, fire pits, and others). JASS programmers can specify triggers on how units respond to specific events in the game. These triggers are the building blocks of DoTA’s gameplan. It is the reason why neutral units would retaliate when being
attacked and all surrounding enemy units to attack Axe when he pumped the berserker’s call skill. Any instruction from the gamer prompts a trigger and so on with other triggers – a chain reaction of triggers.
The editor of Warcraft maps and game customs has really surpassed all other forms of game editor in the sense that even novice mapmakers can understand and can easily get along. No wonder why Euls have given up so much inspiration to custom Warcraft games the way we wanted to, and customize the map that we always want to play to – the DoTA AllStars. So before Icefrog customized the most popular version of DoTA AllStars, before Guinsoo updated DoTA into AllStars, and before Euls created the DoTA custom game, the Blizzard programmers had already handed down to us this great World Editor to kick that creativeness out of gamer’s playful minds. Warcraft, in general, and DoTA AllStars, in particular, may not be this dynamic without the World Editor’s provision to enrich the game itself in the farthest way Blizzard could have imagined. The History of DotA
Much of Defense of the Ancient’s gameplay stems from inspirations from the Aeon of Strife map, available for both Starcraft and Warcraft 3. Aeon of Strife, also known as AoS, is a modified map that pioneered the concept of players choosing a single hero for the collective objective of destroying the opposing team’s base (relatively
a new concept for RTS games). To accomplish this goal, players employ a myriad of strategies based on teamwork and competitive play. AoS-type maps may include many differing features and functions to increase the level of competitive play (i.e. items that give power, towers that alter gameplay, and objectives that win the game).
Defense of the Ancient was originally created for Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos by lead programmer Eul up until the release of Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. Eul did not continue development onto The Frozen Throne; and instead, made the map open source before officially shutting down development.
In the following days/weeks of Eul’s absence, many different variations of DotA began to pop-up including: DotA Darkness Falls
*other variations exist, but the chronological order is as of yet unconfirmed.
From the sea of selection, however, DotA All-Stars became the most popular version, and is still the most widely played map today. Balancing Studies and DOTA
The more you excel in DotA, the more you flunk at school. -not true. Improving in Dota is not all about playing 10 or more games per day. Players improve by how well
they learn after winning or losing a game (most of the time in losing). Players who are hard headed and don’t believe that they lost because what they are doing is wrong, will never be a better player.
The best way to balance studies and DotA is having strategies for both. These strategies are the things you’re going to think of on how you’re going to improve quickly.
1. Pay attention at school. Most players are spending all night playing Dota and still daydream about Dota when it’s school time. You have to focus on what you’re doing at the moment. If you are in the classroom, listen, take notes, do your seat works. Forget anything else unrelated to your studies.
2. Play moderately. Do not exhaust yourself too much to avoid getting dizzy at school in the morning or worst getting absent/late. Also, you have to reserve energy to study for announced/unannounced quizzes.
3. Pay attention at your game. When it’s playtime, play wisely. Use your limited time to the fullest. 2 or 3 games every afternoon are enough to be a great player after 1 or 2 months. You have to focus on your strengths and weaknesses. Develop your strengths and convert your weaknesses to strengths.
4. Observe the factors that affect your studies. If you find it hard to study after playing, you should study first before playing. In my case, I find it hard to study after losing therefore I used Dota as a reward after studying.
5. Know when not to play. Be the master of your own body. If you have a report on the following day or an examination, chances are you need more time for that. You have to sacrifice playing which is not and shouldn’t be your priority.
6. Don’t mind the insults. If you are insulted for being a weak player, don’t be offended causing you to play more hours trying to prove to them that you are a great player. Be offended if you’re scolded by your teacher for not doing a simple homework because of playing all night.
7. Cutting-class is a drug. You try it once, you’ll get addicted. Never cut-class if you want to graduate on time.
8. Know when to quit. Know when Dota cannot be included in your schedule anymore. For example, in my case, I have to do advance reading and projects. I gave up playing competitive Dota and just play whenever I’m free (twice or thrice a week). Now that I am a lot busier, I’m going to update my blog twice per week instead of everyday.
Just like any sport, DotA shouldn’t be treated as a priority. Play it for fun and play it moderately. Rules in DotA
Like any other games DotA itself has its rules.
1. Leaving a game or the use of hacks will result in a ban.
2. If either team has less than 4 people remaining, you may leave without a ban. If the opponents are down one player, and you want to leave to make it even, all allies must agree to it in ALL chat..
3. Forfeit is allowed after 50 minutes have past and your entire team agrees in all chat by saying “FF” or “forfeit”. In a 4v5, the team of 4 can forfeit after 30 minutes.
4. Remake is allowed if 6 or more players agree (at least 2 from each team). Remake is also allowed if someone leaves in the first 15 minutes and 3 or more people agree to remake within the next 2 minutes.
5. Going AFK frequently or for long periods may result in a ban.
6. Intentional game ruining things like item stealing from allies and creep blocking are bannable.
7. You may not teleport into an enemy base without your creeps there, any other backdooring IS allowed.
8. Racism or extreme trash talking may result in a report for review by a neutral moderator.
9. Swapping players without their consent is bannable
Jah’rakal, Troll Warlord
He has gr8 atack strength aftr crosin level 6 provided corect items are chosen. Troll is best hero in dota because of his manter bash and attack speed he he very strong skills and perfect item definitely and offense. Traxex, the Drow Ranger
Very easy to use yet very strong SS. Does not require complex combination of skills, she just needs the right combination of items. Best character. When enemy hero silenced and chilled and you have divine rapier. No chance for him Easy to kill enemies. When coming to late game, that’s when she shines. She will become unstoppable! Huskar, The Emo Kid
I think huskar is the great hero… Best build items… (mekansm, tarasque, armlet, and dominator… To Achieve the great and powerful strength of huskar. If you know the correct move, you can kill everbody. HUSKAR is the best among the rest… My best item build( threads, satanic, armlet, aghanims and 2 heart of trasque… ) Dark Terrorr, Facelless Void
Amazing character. Will be kill with chronosphere plus cranium basher.. i think everybody will feel so SICK. This is the hero that got me caught up in dota, from the first time I played him amazing dude. The best killer dota. For attack his third skill for stun. And 5 sec chrono to kill INT hero. Ulsfaar, Ursa Warrior
Using his earthshock along with overpower really makes us ‘godlike’. Enrage also gets him on top of all the heroes of dot A. Provide him with the abyssal blade, a Shiva’s guard and the lother’s edje and rest leave to him. His awesome speed can also make a difference. Choose him once and you will never think of another hero. Behold the vlad’s offering in his claws, anything is undone. Level 4 of Furry Swipes he’s ready to reclaim what Roshan stole. He has deadly zxills and kan kill rusian in lvl1 without test Dragon Knight
Dragon knight can be anything. Using his skills he can be anything; from a stunner to killer, and even a pusher. DK is the best HERO 4 me. Because he has a super SS! COOL! 😀 With the ARMOR and REGEN.. Find a way to run.. There the Dragon’s rage come.. ” Banehallow, Lycantrophe
He should be the best because his attack speed and strength is so remarkable when he turns into a wolf. So cool, So awesome. For me banehallow, lycanthrope is best for me, because even you did not give inventory to him, he still powerful… From bon BANEHALLOW CAN BEAT ANYONE
Sven, the Rogue Knight
Strongest melee heroes, his God Strength beat everything and when the enemy runs… Say hello to Storm Bolt. Sven got the God’s Strength no one can beat him with God’s Strength even troll he just go get basher and mkb for troll he is Tank, Hitter, Stunner, Runner (war cry) and what? Gs then dagger then stun then hit rampage. Barathrum, Spirit Breaker
Fast runner and good for the team and wear madness With Mask of madness, power threads and crystals you will be able to make a kill in 4 seconds. Barathrum is an awesome hero and with proper items he is unstoppable. Coz he runs fast sometimes it cool. Kardel Sharpeye, Dwarven Sniper
Just try it with an item build of sange and yasha, butterfly, buriza-do-kyanon, monkey king bar, heart of tarasque and power threads. Kardel is the best in long range appearance. I know that he is weak, but he can also finish the job. That’s why I chose him than drow ranger and I want you all to use kardel because he as great skills (especially by his last skill) and I now he is slow at speed. Fragile yet very strong and precise as the name suggests. He’s easy to play as but hard to master. Only a true DoTA player can use him at his fullest potential. My advice is to HIT fast and HIT hard. Be Polite. Be Efficient. Be Professional. Never Kill Steal. Assassinate/ DotA Heroes for STRENGTH
DotA Heroes for Agility
DotA Heroes for Intelligence
Keeper of the Light
Queen of Pain
Advantages and Disadvantages of DotA
The life style of the youth who have been playing Dota is affected by the game. There are both advantages and disadvantages for them. Let’s talk about the advantages first. As one of the most playable games online, Dota can make the players become alert in the mental. They will also turn to be strategic and cooperative. Through computing the magic, damages, gold, physical reduction present and the other stuff, they will get more lore in mathematics. Thus, the youth can get benefits from playing Dota. However, not only does the game has advantages, it can also generate the bad effects. It is said that the body system will be weakened.
The way the young people think along with their mind will be corrupted. They will not take the money and moral values seriously in life. Heroes in the game often use powerful units. They also have allied heroes and AI-controlled fighters called “creeps” who can offer the assistance. Over the mission, gamers are required to purchase the equipment with gold. They have to level up their hero. It may lead them to irresponsibility if they cannot control themselves to deal with time management and priority. They will become lazier and forget the studies. Owing to the game, they may also break the relationships with the family members. What’s worse, they will lose their temper and values by the foul languages alike “Trash talks”. The triggers always exist potentially.
More money will be wasted if they cannot stop playing the game. Although the game is funny, you cannot be too addicted. Self-control is extremely important in the modern times. DOTA Advantages
1. Dota helps the youth who are playing this game to become mentally alert, cooperative, and strategic.
2. It increases their knowledge in mathematics by computing the gold’s, damages, magic and physical reduction present in the game.
3. Playing DOTA are for the youth to communicate teenagers who initially don’t know each other can easily be friends.
1. It can lead to irresponsibility.
2. It triggers the player to lose his/her temper and values.
3. Due to playing, eating is irrelevant
4. It can lead you to ADDICTION!
http://takeitrightaway.blogspot.com/2009/04/origin-of-defense-of-ancients-dota.html http://www.scribd.com/doc/43813815/Impacts-of-Dota-in-Students http://acgon.blog.com/advantages-and-disadvantages-of-dota/ http://effspeechreggie.wordpress.com/2009/10/15/defense-of-the-ancients-d-o-t-a-games-advantages-and-disadvantages/ http://www.studymode.com/essays/Advantages-And-Disadvantages-Of-Dota-And-699061.html