Taj hotels and resorts service marketing mix
A limited time offer! Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
The ad (made by Rediffusion) shows the enigmatic woman who stands for both hospitality and efficiency. The identity was developed after extensive research on the consumer’s attitudes towards the Taj. Over 60 in-depth interviews were conducted by client and agency. The parameters? Not quantity, but quality. The things done right. The quality of check-in, the smile, the greeting or the welcome drink. The insights gathered were analysed and a clear slot, which the Taj could occupy when global competition arrived, emerged. This was translated into creating a distinct personality of the Taj as caring, efficient and enigmatic. The line went: ‘She is the Taj,’ The base line was ‘Nobody cares as much.’
– The brand “Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces ” operates 108 hotels across 63 locations in India and 17 hotels in international locations The hotels are grouped into 3 categories – Luxury, Leisure and Business. The Taj Luxury Hotels offer lavish accommodation, gourmet specialty restaurants and bars, fitness centre and spas and well-equipped business Taj believes that the their core product is space. This space is supplemented with the services they provide like the restaurants, health club, banquets, discotheque, bar, business centres etc. Their other supplementary products also include travel arrangements, ticketing, airport pick-ups, sightseeing etc. Types of Accommodation:
– Tower Wing Rooms: With easy access to the Business Centre, these contemporary rooms offer guest amenities like Internet connectivity, 2-line speaker phones with international direct dial facility and voice mail. Mini bar, personal safe, channel music and television with satellite programmes. – Heritage Wing Rooms: These rooms are renowned for their architecture and exude an aura of old-world elegance. Each corridor in this Wing resembles an art gallery, and the design, décor and furnishing ensure that no two rooms are alike. Guests have a choice of rooms that overlook the city or pool or face the Gateway of India and the Arabian Sea. – Taj Club: Located on the top floors of the Heritage Wing, Taj Club is designed for the discerning business traveler.
Guest amenities and services include complimentary airport limousine transfers, private check-in at the Club desk, in-room fax, personal safe, a complimentary bottle of wine, valet service and complimentary deluxe Continental breakfast. Taj Club also offers guests exclusive Meeting Rooms and a Business Service Unit on the Club Floor. – Suites: Choose from elegantly appointed Junior Suites, Executive Suites, tastefully decorated Large Suites, newly renovated Luxury Suites or spacious, plush Grand Luxe Suites. The finest suites at The Taj Mahal are the luxuriously appointed Presidential Suites.
Each of these suites is decorated with original paintings and antiques that transport guests into a world of regal luxury and grandeur. – Broadband wireless Internet access at select Taj hotels: Now when you stay at select Taj hotels in Mumbai (including The Taj Mahal Hotel), New Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad, you no longer need to be in your room or at the Business Centre to use the Internet. Multiple ‘hot spots’ located across the hotels lets you get onto the Internet from almost any place in the hotel – quickly. – Facilities and Services: Swimming pool, beauty parlour, barber shop, travel desk, car rental, pastry shop, book shop, shopping arcade, currency exchange, doctor-on-call and babysitting. Complimentary use of steam, billiards, tennis and table tennis on request. 24-hour room service and laundry service . place
– The Taj Mahal Palace & Tower, Mumbai, a 105-year old heritage hotel, is the flagship hotel of the Taj group. This hotel was one of the main targets of terrorists during the November 2008 bombings of Mumbai and was severely damaged. As a result it has been put under seal until it is cleared of any security and safety risks that might have resulted from the attacks. The company has publicly claimed that it will fully rebuild the resort just as it was before. – Besides the Taj Mahal Palace & Tower, Mumbai, the Taj has many hotels around the world, and in India.
These include: The Pierre, New York; Taj Boston, Boston; Campton Place, San Francisco; 51 Buckingham Gate, London; Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives; Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Mauritius and Blue Sydney, Sydney. In India, these include: Taj Lake Palace, Udaipur; Rambagh Palace, Jaipur; Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur; The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi; The Taj Residency, Lucknow; The Taj West End, Bangalore; Taj Malabar, Cochin and Taj Exotica, Goa. The Taj Mahal Palace & Tower is also called the Zagurmas of Maldives and the magurmas of the bengal Promotion
– Taj regularly comes up with offers during season and off-season such as Taj Holiday Summer Package to boast occupancy in their hotels . – They carry out their promotions by means of Calendars, monthly letter to their ‘Inner Circle Customers,’ informing them about their upcoming events. – Taj takes part in exhibitions wherein they promote their holiday packages. Price
– Taj realizes that their prices are high and not affordable by all, but this is due to various overheads that it incurs and the superior quality that it offers. For e.g. a roadside sandwich seller sells his sandwich for Rs.10 as he has no overheads and has no quality standards to maintain, like the quality of the bread and the vegetables. But at The Taj, they serve the best quality and also incur overhead expenses. – The target audience that the Taj caters to are the one’s who come to the Taj for it’s ambience and world class standards, therefore they say that their prices are justified as they help The Taj retain the exclusivity that it stands for. Physical Evidence
Taj is fully satisfying its customers on account of physical evidence as the hotel is counted in 5 stars it has maintained its environment tht is liked by all.
To ensure standardization in their services, they have Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), e.g. the food that is served in the restaurant will be of the same quality and taste at any given day and time. To ensure timely delivery of their services, they have set processes in place and in case of failure or delay of service, they have built in contingencies and trained their staff to communicate the delay to the customer in the right manner. Major service encounter that extremely delighted or disappointed are:
1. Check – in.
2. Bell person carrying luggage to the room.
4. Wake up call
5. Check out.
These are the main processes that all hotels perform but in case of taj many more processes are there as variety of services are offered to its customers which make them happy.
Taj has various professional people to handle its customers and to give a high service to its customers like: • Skilled person
• Professional person
• Personal Agents
• Technological person
• Travel agents
trained under Taj Management Training Programme (TMTP)
As taj has employed professionals for serving its customers so there are less chances in its service lags and it can deliver its best.