A limited time offer! Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
Laws and Rules of the Road
Create a car saying (Bumper Sticker) or a Road Sign (Billboard) that would describe one main point you learned in Module 5. This is an example of a bumper sticker from a former student: ““Driving the right speed is always a good deed. Enjoy your ride and don’t collide!”
1. What would yours say?
-My bumper sticker would say “KEEP CALM and FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT!”
2. How would it look?
-My bumper sticker would be noticeable but not that distracting so that it does not distract drivers while on the road. It would be yellow with black letters and in a diamond shape just like a warning sign.
3. Now, write at least one paragraph (5 sentences or more) which explains why you thought this would make a great bumper sticker or billboard, and how it summarizes the information you learned in Module Five. -I believe that it would be a great bumper sticker because wearing a seatbelt is something that is very important to do while driving. Most times people forget or simply hate wearing them because they feel uncomfortable. But a simple reminder of this would help many people avoid any disastrous situation. By wearing a seat belt a person can avoid getting a ticket. It could also lessen the force that could be applied to you if you were to have an accident while on the road. Wearing a seatbelt is something that is always found on a written test exam for getting your license. These are the reasons why I believe that a “KEEP CALM and FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT!” would be a great bumper sticker to have.
Effects of Alcohol and Drugs
Some day you might find yourself in a dangerous driving situation because of drugs, alcohol, or extreme drowsiness due to medication. Talk to a parent or guardian about what they would like for you to do if you find yourself in this situation. Answer the following questions in one or more complete sentences.
1. Explain three ways you can get home safely, without getting behind the wheel, if there are drugs or alcohol in your system.
A. One way that I could get home safely without getting behind the wheel if any drugs or alcohol was in my system would be by allowing a sober driver to take me home and not resisting to the idea that I would not be able to drive home myself. B. Another way that I could get home safely without getting behind the wheel if any drugs or alcohol was in my system would be by waiting the recommended hours so that my body would sober up. Even if I had to wait till the next morning and stay at the place I was in the beginning. C. Another way that I could get home safely without getting behind the wheel if any drugs or alcohol was in my system would be by taking a taxi home if there was any available. Or by calling a friend or family member that was willing to go pick me up and take me home.
2. Explain three ways you can get home safely if the friend you rode with has drugs or alcohol in his system and you prevent him from getting behind the wheel.
A. After I’ve prevented my friend from driving while under the influence from alcohol and drugs I can get us home safely by asking another sober friend with a license to give us a ride to our destination.
B. After I’ve prevented my friend from driving while under the influence from alcohol and drugs I can get us home safely by taking his keys and driving the vehicle myself since I have a class E driver’s license.
C. After I’ve prevented my friend from driving while under the influence from alcohol and drugs I can get us home safely by calling a friend or family member to come with another licensed driver so that they may take one vehicle home and also give us a ride to our destinations.
3. What would your parent/guardian want you to do?
-My parents would want me to get home the safest way possible either by allowing a good friend who is sober to take me home or call them because I know that they are understanding parents who will be glad that I decided to be honest and get home safe.
4. Look up and list the number of a local taxi or car service in your community. Include the company name and telephone number. -In my community I found a taxi service with the company name of Capital Transportation dba Yellow Cab and the telephone number is (850) 999-9999.