Project Management and Social Networking Media
A limited time offer! Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
The central question for each group is: How can social networking media and practices be used to improve the management of communications, knowledge and information within the company my group are looking at?
Please note that you will develop two online systems – project development and commercial. The project development site (Wiki) will contain your project definition, information on the team and roles, project development documentation and the slides from all of your workshops
The commercial site will showcase your use of social networking media for managing communications, information systems and knowledge management for the project you have agreed with the company. It should have a main presence in Facebook, a Wiki or Blog and show how you have used social networking media in your agreed project with the company (e.g. promote a new product, increase sales generally, improve communications between stakeholders etc)
There will be 5 main sections to your report (PLUS an introduction and summary). Sections 2 -5 should each be at least 500 words long. The sections are:
1. Soft Systems Methodology – identification and analysis of the problem situation and outline of the proposed solution using SSM techniques – i.e a brief WRITTEN outline, Rich Picture, CATWOE, Root Definition and conceptual model of the chosen solution – with comments where appropriate..
2. An assessment of the information and knowledge needed in your chosen company to progress through the process identified in 1 – i.e. to move from the identification of the problem situation to the implementation of your chosen solution. This would include factors such as those outlined in the Assignment 2 document and discussed in the Week10 lecture.
3. How you created strategies to increase personal networking to widen involvement in the decision-making process in your chosen company. This section should outline the strategy used to identify, communicate and work with the company and involve as many of the stakeholders as possible (the stakeholders include your project team). This would include factors such as those outlined in the Assignment 2 document and discussed in the Week10 lecture.
4. How you developed communication processes within your company This would include sections on
a. The existing processes of communication in the organisation at the start of the project b. How you designed improvements to these processes and systems c. How you implemented the improvements and ensured greater integration of the communications systems in the organisation d. Note – you do NOT have to create a personal plan.
5. How you improved the information systems and knowledge systems of the business. This is a development of the previous point to include external communications plus company based information systems and knowledge systems. This would include factors such as those outlined in the Assignment 2 document and discussed in the Week10 lecture.
No work should be done on the project wiki or social media platform after 8am on the morning of first presentation day (to be announced). The grade will be reduced for any breach of this condition.
1. Each group will participate in a 30 minute presentation (35 minutes for 5 person groups).
2. Each member should be prepared to present and discuss any part of the group’s report.
3. The presentation is the equivalent of an exam. Make sure you are on time.
4. Dates, times, venue and the presentation format will be posted on the Moodle MCKI section.
5. You should use the project Wiki and the social media platform to illustrate your presentation.
6. Each member of the group should sign the Group Learning Contract for Assignment 2.
Ray Webster, December, 2011
PassAll requirements identified in the assignment are met. The deadline to submit the report has been met.
MeritM1: Identify and apply strategies to find appropriate solutions
Clear identification and use of effective approaches to developing suitable strategies for the development, implementation and integration of the company’s communications, knowledge and information systems.
M2: Select/design and apply appropriate methods/techniques Characteristics/ Evidence:
The company’s communications, knowledge and information systems have been designed and developed with the effective integration of Checkland’s SSM elements as shown in section 1 of the report..
M3: Present and communicate appropriate findings
Good presentation and written techniques have been used to effectively present suitable scenarios. Clear communication of individual
roles and appropriate managerial activities is apparent. Appropriate structures and approaches have been selected and shown. The forms of the different types and sources of information and knowledge required have been selected and presented in a logical and coherent manner.
DistinctionD1: Use critical reflection to evaluate own work and justify valid conclusions
Characteristics/ Evidence: Strong evidence of understanding and evaluating the links between the company’s initial and final communications, knowledge and information systems. Additional evidence will be illustrated from the good use of the SSM techniques to show a deep understanding of own role and work.
D3: Demonstrate convergent, lateral and creative thinking
Characteristics/ Evidence: Innovative solutions have been found and applied to the use of scenarios in the design, development and integration of the company’s communications, knowledge and information systems and presentation of the same.
1. The hard copy assignment should have a cover page that includes the assignment title, assignment number, course title, module title, tutor name and student’s name. Attach all pages from 1 to 8 of this assignment with your hard copy documentation and leave them blank for official use.
2. Work on your websites should stop at 0800 Tuesday 26th December. Any website showing changes after this times (the system records them) will be penalised as a late hand-in. There should be no discrepancy between the contents of the websites and the hard copy report.
3. Ensure that the authenticity declaration has been signed.
4. Content sheet with a list of all headings and page numbers for the hard copy required documentation.
5. Use the Harvard referencing system.
6. The assignment should be not contain a bibliography – but should contain a list of any references used in the assignment.
NOTES TO STUDENTS
• Check carefully the submission date and the instructions given with the assignment. Late assignments will not be accepted.
• Ensure that you give yourself enough time to complete the assignment by the due date.
• Do not leave things such as printing to the last minute – excuses of this nature will not be accepted for failure to hand-in the work on time.
• You must take responsibility for managing your own time effectively.
• If you are unable to hand in your assignment on time and have valid reasons such as illness, you may apply (in writing) for an extension.
• Failure to achieve a PASS grade will results in a REFERRAL grade being given.
• Take great care that if you use other people’s work or ideas in your assignment, you properly reference them in your text and any bibliography.
• NOTE: If you are caught plagiarizing, you could have your grade reduced to zero, or at worst, you could be excluded from the course.