Pandan leaves as cockroach repellant
A limited time offer! Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
1. Pour a half of a cup (110g) of baking soda into a mixing bowl. Baking soda has a natural cleansing ability and can even be found in some commercial toothpastes. It’s non-toxic and will help polish your teeth. Some recipes call for table salt, in which case you should mix three parts of baking soda with one part of table salt. Ad
2. Add three teaspoons (15g) of glycerin for every 1/4 cup (55g) of dry mixture.This is optional; it acts as a sweetener. An alternative is xylitol. It is a natural, sugarless sweetener that actually promotes tooth and gum health. (Note: Glycerin will coat your teeth with a layer of residue that cannot be removed easily. This layer of residue prevents enamel growth, re-mineralization and healthy teeth.)
3. Add 1/4 cup (60g) of household hydrogen peroxide and one drop of peppermint oil or other essential oil. Hydrogen peroxide naturally disinfects your mouth and will also help whiten your teeth. If you don’t have it around, use water. The drop of peppermint oil will leave your mouth feeling fresh. Hydrogen peroxide breaks down very quickly in the presence of UV light, so it is necessary to store the toothpaste away from sunlight. If you’re not into the peppermint flavor, some alternatives are ground cinnamon, vanilla extract, fennel, ginger, and almond extract. Whatever it is, make sure it doesn’t have sugar added or that it isn’t strongly acidic, since acids will produce a fizzing reaction with the baking soda.
4. Mix the hydrogen peroxide and baking soda until it is a paste. If you need to, mix in more hydrogen peroxide until you get the right consistency. See Warnings below.
Store the toothpaste in a small plastic container where it won’t dry out. You can also purchase a small, empty lotion bottle so that you can squeeze out the toothpaste onto the toothbrush more easily, rather than dip it. Natural Homemade Toothpaste Ingredients
About 1/2 cup coconut oil
2-3 Tablespoons of baking soda
2 small packets of stevia powder
15-20 drops of peppermint or cinnamon essential oil
10 drops Grapefruit Seed Extract (optional)
10 drops myrhh extract (optional)
How to Make Natural Homemade Toothpaste
1. Melt or slightly soften coconut oil.
2. Mix in other ingredients and stir well. If using semi-hard coconut oil, use a fork, if not, use a spoon. If you are using completely melted coconut oil, you will need to stir several times while the mixture cools to keep the baking soda incorporated. 3. Put mixture into small glass jar (I make different ones for each family member) 4. Let cool completely.
5. To use: dip toothbrush in and scrape small amount onto bristles. Could also use a small spoon to put on toothbrush.