English Proficiency Argumentative
- Pages: 2
- Word count: 324
A limited time offer! Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
Now answer the following questions:
1. Identify two style features of the story above. (2 marks)
Informal and simple
2. What is the tone of this story? Why do you say so? (3 marks)
Casual and Friendly
3. Write all the dictionary entries of the following words.
iv) Oblivious (4 marks)
4. Choose the most contextually appropriate dictionary entries for the three words above. (4 marks)
5. Which of the following words has a prefix that means ‘not’ or ‘the opposite of’? i) Understand
v) Unfortunately (4 marks)
6. Read through the story again and find:
i) Three nouns (specify the type of a noun)
ii) Three verbs
iii) Three adjectives
Oblivious, mischievous and fortunately
iv) Three adverbs
v) Three articles
A, The and An
vi) Three punctuations.
Full stop, comma, exclamation mark
vii) Three conjunctions
while, Because and until
viii) Three pronouns (specify the type of a pronoun)
I – Personal Pronoun
ix) One adverbial phrase
I found myself visiting my homeboys more often
x) Three prepositions (10 marks)
After, Unlike, before
7. Correct the following sentences for subject-verb agreement, tenses and fragments. i) My cat it is very playful.
ii) When he thought he could afford to pay his own school fees.
iii) This children keep making noise.
iv) These are great news indeed; I can’t believe I made it!
vi) He is an energetic young woman.
viii) In 1990, he lead his team to a glorious victory.
ix) Everyone have a right to live happily ever after.
x) I am taking a bus to school every day. (10 marks)
8. If you wanted to know the name of the place where this story takes place, would you skim or would you scan through the story? (1 mark)