- Pages: 1
- Word count: 165
- Category: Chinese Mathematics
A limited time offer! Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
The purpose of this lesson is to create a better understanding on Modern Mathematics.
OBJECTIVES OF THE LESSON:
- To provide awareness to students regarding the existence of Chinese Mathematics
- To have a better understanding of Modern Mathematics thru the history of Chinese Mathematics
- To apply the Chinese Mathematics with modern mathematics thru math problems
- Group Research Assignment for students on the history of Chinese Mathematics
- Group Presentation on the research assignment, how they understood the Chinese Mathematics and what are its possible significant contributions to Modern Math
- Class discussion on the Group Presentations
- Activity: Composition of Math problems per student
- Activity: Random exchange of Math problems to be solved by a classmate
Gangolli, Ramesh. (1999). Asian Contribution to Mathematics. 117p.
Joseph, George Gheverghese. (1991). Crest of the Peacock: Non-European Roots of Mathematics. International Study Group on Ethnomatics Newsletter. 7(1).
Retrieved November 7, 2007, from website: http://www-history.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/Indexes/Chinese.html
Retrieved November 7, 2007, from website: http://www.crystalinks.com/chinamath.html