A limited time offer! Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
1. When making inferences, it is important to:
2. For John Dewey, open-minded inquiry is:
3. Although Marquis had been working on research for a year, he listened to the other people at his company as they presented different conclusions after his presentation and examined their ideas in the hope of finding out new information. Marquis displayed which intellectual virtue?
4. This person has a fanatical commitment to ideas and beliefs that can lead to negative outcomes and/or harmful behavior:
5. DuBois claims that African Americans of his day tended to view the law in this manner
6. Which of the following standards of thinking relates to how one can verify if the answer to a question or problem is on topic?
7. According to Paul and Elder, well-cultivated thinkers have the following attributes:
8. When reading a philosophy text, the following would be a question a good student would ask while reading:
9. In the dialogue, Socrates claims that one must be removed from this in order to grasp the higher intellectual virtues:
10. Fallibility is the idea that:
11. In order to figure out the problem one wants to solve, one must:
12. This is the movement of the prisoner.
13. The components of critical thinking include:
14. Which of the following standards of thinking relates to how one can determine if the answer to the question answers the complexity of the question?
15. A stubborn view that is inflexible and not inquisitive is:
16. Which of the following standards of thinking relates to how one might verify the truth of a statement or claim?
17. Although she was angry with her sister’s position on gay marriage, Tenisha recognized that she could be wrong and needed to do more research before she drew a conclusion on this issue. Tenisha displayed which intellectual trait?
18. Thomas just told his friends that the racist jokes he heard them telling at lunch were never acceptable in any context and that he didn’t want to hear them again. Thomas just displayed which intellectual trait?
19. This is the term for presentation of an idea through one-sided and emotional rhetoric:
20. DuBois claims that this occurs when the stronger members in society do not protect the weaker members: