Provide Leadership Across The Organisation Persuasive
- Pages: 4
- Word count: 850
- Category: Ethics
A limited time offer! Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
Instructions to Students
1. You must accurately complete the Student Assessment Pack. 2. Your Assessor may want to discuss written answers with you to get further evidence of your understanding and to check that it is your original work 3. You need to submit Assessment Cover Sheet for each assessment. 4. You are permitted to use dictionaries and to seek support, as required. 5. Where your work has been deemed as unsatisfactory, you will be permitted to resubmit the assessment up to three times if attendance is 70 per cent and above. If, after 3 attempts to resubmit the assessment, you are still deemed NYC, the student will need to redo the unit. If attendance is below 70 per cent and your assessment is not yet satisfactory, then you need to reassessment policy. 6. Unless the assessment task specifically allows pair work or group activities such as brainstorming, you must submit their own original work and are not permitted to copy the work of other students. Plagiarism is never acceptable. 7. Assessments must be submitted on their due dates.
8. Extensions are permitted in consultation with the trainer. Performance objective
Candidates will demonstrate knowledge and skills required to build and support teams. Assessment description
Using the workplace scenario information provided, and following on from work completed in Assessment Task 2, you will lead and support a team of managers to implement a change strategy. Procedure
1. Review the simulated business documentation, including policies and procedures, in Appendix 1 ‘Max Lionel Realty’. Review templates contained in Appendix 2 ‘Templates’ for possible use or adaptation in completing assessment task requirements. 2. Review completed work from Assessment Task 2.
3. Review the scenario information below.
4. Develop agenda for workshop and arrange time to meet with managers to workshop implementation of agent training. Arrange for the assessor to observe workshop. 5. Lead team workshop with managers. Ensure you:
set and complete objectives for work shop; determine how to ensure effective training of agents assign roles for each manager
model ethical behaviour and encourage ethical behaviour in team use an appropriate leadership style to achieve objectives
discuss organisational requirements such as legislation
provide support for team as team generates ideas for how to produce effective training model innovative methods to generate ideas for training agents and achieving training objectives, for example, brainstorming, fishbone diagrams, 8Ps, flowcharting discuss, suggest, demonstrate and encourage innovative approaches provide constructive criticism, advice
discuss leadership styles to be employed by managers in training discuss budget for training
take notes from workshop to evidence participation.
6. Submit documentation as per specifications below.
You are the Operations General Manager at Max Lionel Realty (MLR). You have initiated and begun implementation of a change strategy to improve organisational culture and ensure ethical and legal compliance of agents. Key outcomes of the strategy will be: development of an ethics charter for the business based on WHS responsibilities and REIV Code of Conduct (completed in Assessment Task 2) revisions made to existing policies and
procedures to incorporate use of charter by agents (completed in Assessment Task 2) training for managers and agents on use of charter, WHS responsibilities and legal/ethical responsibilities (partly completed in Assessment Task 2). Managers have now been trained in WHS and ethics. It has been decided that managers will train their agents. Training objectives for agents
Identify relevant legislation, standards codes, etc.
Fill out incident reports.
Perform risk assessment.
Fill in risk register.
Identify relevant legislation, standards codes, etc.
Use ethics charter: ensure clients, tenants etc are aware of charter (Revised customer service procedures mandate agents must ensure awareness). Follow REIV code of conduct: ensure honesty.
Act in non-discriminatory manner with clients tenants.
Managers will be accountable for planning and delivering training, assessing individual competence, periodically reviewing effectiveness of training, and considering ethical and WHS performance as part of periodic agent performance management in accordance with company policy. In addition to preferred suppliers, the following costs are associated with resources: Resource
All other training resources will be at your discretion and obtained in
accordance with the MLR procurement policy. You will need to:
meet with managerial team to discuss training and develop training/information sessions for agents according to agent needs assign roles for training
demonstrate encouragement and support for team and create positive work environment demonstrate innovative approaches
encourage innovative approaches to training.
prepare budget for team based on stated needs.
meet with managers to workshop training of agents
team roles and responsibilities document
Your assessor will be looking for:
interpersonal skills to communicate and inspire trust and confidence of others and to ensure their cooperation and support networking skills to ensure support from key groups and individuals for concepts/ideas/products/services knowledge of business ethics and their application
knowledge of leadership styles and their application
knowledge of legislation, codes and by laws relevant to the organisation’s operations knowledge of organisation mission, purpose and values
knowledge of organisation objectives, plans and strategies
knowledge of organisational change processes.
Adjustment for distance-based learners
No variation of the task is required.
A follow-up interview may be required (at the discretion of the assessor). Documentation can be submitted electronically or posted in the mail. Meetings/presentations may be conducted and observed live or via an appropriate teleconferencing tool.