Case Study: BOSU Balance Trainer
A limited time offer! Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
Case Study: BOSU Balance Trainer – Only the presenting team needs to submit the answers to the following questions, (individually, but you can use the same file –other than the team evaluation). The rest of the class should be prepared to participate in the discussion/presentation. 1. Review the principles of competitive advantage in Figure 3-12. Which types of competitive advantage has BOSU used to defeat copycat products?
2. What role did information systems play in your answer to question 1?
3. What additional information systems could Fitness Quest develop to create barriers to entry to the competition and to lock in customers?
4. In 2004, Fitness Quest had alliances with trainers and their competitor had alliances with major retailers. Thus, both companies were competing on the basis of their alliances. Why do you think Fitness Quest won this competition? To what extent did their success leveraging relationships with trainers depend on information systems? On other factors?
5. The case does not state all of the uses that Fitness Question makes of its trainer database. List five applications of that trainer database that would increase Fitness Quest’s competitive position.
6. Describe major differences between the BOSU product and the IndoRow product. Consider product use, product price, customer resistance, competition, competitive threats, and other factors related to market acceptance.
7. Describe information systems that FitnessQuest could use to strengthen its strategy for bringing IndoRow to market. Consider the factors you identified in your answer to question 6 in your response.
Understanding your product or services competitive advantage in the market helps set you apart from the rest. BOSU has a strong competitive advantage. In order for BOSU to defeat copycat products it has successfully used the principles of product enhancement, customer lock-in, raising entry barriers,
and has established alliances.