We use cookies to give you the best experience possible. By continuing we’ll assume you’re on board with our cookie policy

Accident, emergency and illness policy

The whole doc is available only for registered users

A limited time offer! Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteed

Order Now

It is my responsibility to keep your children safe and healthy at all times whilst in my care. The policies explain that I will provide appropriate treatment and First Aid if an accident or emergency situation occurs or if a child is taken ill. I will seek medical treatment if necessary. I am also committed to protect the children from the spread of illness and infectious diseases.

As a registered childminder, it is an OFSTED requirement that I hold an up to date Paediatric First Aid Certificate.

Policy for Accident and Emergency

If any child in my care has an accident or an emergency situation, I will ensure that they are safe aswell as all the other children currently under my care at that time. The first action I would take is to use First Aid, only contacting the Emergency services if necessary. All parents will be asked to sign an accident and emergency treatment consent form before any child is left in my care, so that I can administer first aid if required, also to be able to accompany the child to the hospital if the emergency services are called. As soon as it is possible to do so, I will inform you.

If the emergency services are called, I will ensure that any other children under my care will be left with my Husband, who also has a First Aid Certificate. A consent form for me to have permission to leave your children to be cared for by my husband will be required if a child has to be taken to the hospital. Parents of these children will also be contacted accordingly.

Any accidents will be recorded and will be kept by me, which will be signed off by the parent once they have been made aware. If there was a serious accident, then OFSTED will be notified within 14 days.

I will endeavour at all times to make sure that all the children in my care, are kept safe, reassured and calm.

Policy for Illness

There may be occasions where a child may become ill whether inside or outside of my care. Under My Care
If a child becomes ill under my care, I will make sure that they are as comfortable as possible. I will also try to prevent cross-infection to any of the other children in my care. I will contact you immediately should this happen.

If I need to administer any medication to your child, like an Epi-Pen, you will be asked to fill out a medical consent form, also that I request training on how to administer how they are given.

If any other medication like Calpol or teething gel needs to be administered, then a consent form for this will also be required Outside of My Care
If your child is unwell then please keep them at home and keep me informed. This is to stop any other child under my care contracting the illness. For example if your child has vomiting, diarrhoea, etc., or has an infectious disease like chicken pox, mumps, etc.

Any illnesses will be recorded on the child’s records.

Related Topics

We can write a custom essay

According to Your Specific Requirements

Order an essay
Materials Daily
100,000+ Subjects
2000+ Topics
Free Plagiarism
All Materials
are Cataloged Well

Sorry, but copying text is forbidden on this website. If you need this or any other sample, we can send it to you via email.

By clicking "SEND", you agree to our terms of service and privacy policy. We'll occasionally send you account related and promo emails.
Sorry, but only registered users have full access

How about getting this access

Your Answer Is Very Helpful For Us
Thank You A Lot!


Emma Taylor


Hi there!
Would you like to get such a paper?
How about getting a customized one?

Can't find What you were Looking for?

Get access to our huge, continuously updated knowledge base

The next update will be in:
14 : 59 : 59