Nebosh Basic Information
A limited time offer! Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
Worldwide over 30,000 people take a NEBOSH qualification every year. NEBOSH qualifications are globally recognised and taken by people working in all types of industries, as well as national and local government organisations. NEBOSH’s Certificate-level qualifications give a good foundation in health and safety for managers, supervisors and staff with health and safety among their day to day responsibilities.
These qualifications are widely taken as a first step towards a career in health and safety and are accepted by IOSH – the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health – in meeting the academic requirements for Technician Membership of IOSH (Tech IOSH).
NEBOSH obviously is widely recognized and regarded in UK and many parts of the world. It may open doors to international works.
2. What is the difference between a NEBOSH Certificate and Diploma? The NEBOSH National International Certificate is an introduction to basics of occupational Health and Safety and looks at the management of H&S and a wide variety of workplace hazards. It has been designed for managers, supervisors and employee representatives and is ideal for anyone who wants to establish a career in Health and Safety.
Simply Safety’s advice to candidates is to gain an international qualification first and then proceed to do career advancement before going onto the Diploma course. The Diploma course is highly recommended for those who have already achieved the NEBOSH international General Certificate or equivalent.
3. Is it an equivalent to our local qualifications
Every country has their local qualifications. However the question for you to ask is how much more do you want to achieve in your career?
With regards to your question on whether is there any difference between NEBOSH and local qualifications; it’s actually much of a personal preference. Many individuals believes that a NEBOSH IGC certificate makes them stand out, as the certificate is recognized internationally worldwide. NEBOSH is awarded by the United Kingdom, where graduates should be able to successfully carry out their workplace health and safety duties internationally, and in any industry. The reason
being that this qualification covers international standards and management systems. For more details, feel free to check out our website www.simplysafety.com.sg, under NEBOSH.
4. Are there SDUs (Skills Development Units), CPDs (Continual Professional Development) and other credit points?
No, there are none unless you apply for the full time course. 5. How is NEBOSH IGC Examination structured
There are 3 Examinations (IGC 1, IGC 2 and IGC 3). The first 2 are theory based and the next is a practical.
You must pass all exams in order to be NEBOSH certified. However if you do fail any, you can simply re-sit for the one failed.
For each particular paper, the candidate will receive the certificate for it provided they pass the paper. If the candidates pass all 3 papers- they are given 4 certificates, IGC 1, IGC 2, IGC 3 and NEBOSH IGC Certificate.
If they fail one, they get only the ones they pass and NOT the NEBOSH IGC Certificate.
6. How is the NEBOSH IGC Training structured?
NEBOSH IGC learning is carried out either
Full Time Training
Part Time Training
NEBOSH IGC courses goes by batch, the most important dates to remember are the examination dates.
These are March, July, September and December.
Closing dates for these are 1st Jan (for March exams), 1st April (for July exams), 1st June (for September exams) and 1st August (for December exams)
7. Is there a difference in terms of the course content for the full time NEBOSH and distance-learning programme? Is there a difference in certification? There is no difference in terms of the course content for both the full time and distance-learning, both programme covers IGC Unit 1 Management of International Health & safety, Unit 2 Control of International Workplace Hazards and Unit 3 International Health & Safety Practical Application. The certification will be the same as the course syllabus is the same.
Full time Training
The Full-time course requires student to come 10 consecutive days for learning.
The distance learning is basically self study. However we at Simply Safety provide the following-Face to Face- 24 Hours (Class schedule will be informed accordingly) -12 Hours of revision on examinations and preparations for examinations
-Supported with assignments
– Support from tutorial team for candidates
– Revision materials
8. What is the course fee for NEBOSH IGC Blended Learning and does that include the examinations and admin costs?
Simply Safety fees are SGD$1520 (all inclusive). No extra charges. 9. What if I fail one or two of my exams
Then you only need to retake the papers that you failed. Candidates from Simply Safety are entitled to special rates for re-sits.
10. If I am an external student or if I only want to take the exams, how much will it cost?
As an external student the exam fees are $570 per paper or $980 for all three papers.
11. What is the minimum requirement (educational, age or work requirement) to take the NEBOSH IGC
There is no minimum requirement. However it would be beneficial if you had working experience to be able to relate to things.
Any candidate that is able to read and write English, is eligible to take the NEBOSH examinations. You need not be in a specific industry to be legible for NEBOSH, anyone is able to take this NEBOSH IGC exams.
12. Can I postpone my examinations
Unfortunately if you were to postpone the examination to the next intake and, there are some administration fees that will incur.
13. Can I cancel my application?
Candidates must submit a written notice more than 31 days before closing date – full refund less 40% administration and processing fees.
There is no refund if less than 31 days before closing date.
14. What if I am an overseas candidate can I apply with Simply Safety? Though our centre is located in Singapore, you will still be able to sign up for for it, we will provide you the course materials.
You will still be able to log in and review the training materials and have support from our tutors.
Booking Course and Exams
15. How can I book a course?
Booking courses is very easy:
By phone – just give us a call on +65 62640889 and one of our advisers will be happy to help you with the booking.
By mail – Download the application available in the website, fill in the application & send us the email. www.simplysafety.com.sg and email
By post – send us the completed application form (available online) with payment.
How can I pay for the course?
Payment can be made by almost all credit, NETS, Cash, Cheque or Paypal
Please make crossed cheque to Simply Safety Pte Ltd
Please note cash, credit card or NETS payment can only be made at the office 71 Ubi Crescent,
#04-11 Excalibur Centre
Please note that we are not a GST registered company.
When will I receive my certificate?
Unit Certificates and Qualification Parchments are normally issued two to three calendar months of the result declaration date stated on the Result Notification letter. This includes a one month window in which Enquiries About Results (EARs) can be made. In the case of unitized examinations this period also allows students the opportunity to inform us they wish to re-sit rather than accept a successful result or grade.