Windows Case Study
A limited time offer! Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
1. The general public in the United States will be able to purchase all of the Windows 7 editions in retail stores except Windows Starter, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Enterprise.
2. The core module that provides all of the Windows 7 capability that isn’t language- or edition-specific is called The MinWin Module.
3. When you copy a file to a library, Windows Explorer writes the file to the folder designated as the Save Location.
4. To use federated search, you must download or create XML files for specific sites called Search Connectors.
5. The only operating system edition that you can upgrade in-place to Windows 7 Professional is Windows Vista Business.
6. Upgrading a computer running Windows 7 Starter to Windows 7 Ultimate using Windows Anytime Upgrade requires 0 megabytes of additional hard disk space.
7. To migrate a computer running Windows XP to Windows 7, you can use a utility called User State Migration Tool.
8. The new Windows 7 feature that renders all of the windows on the desktop transparent when you mouse over the right end of the taskbar is called Aero Peek.
9. The Windows 7 Starter edition is only available in a 32-bit version.
10. The maximum amount of system memory supported by Windows 7 Enterprise is 32-bit – 4GB, 64-bit 192 GB.
1. Windows Easy Transfer supports two types of migrations, called side-by-side and wipe-and load migration.
2. When a serious problem occurs with Windows 7, you might be able to repair it by starting the Windows PE operating system and running diagnostic tools. In this scenario Windows PE is called by another name, which is Windows Recovery Enviroment.
3. To migrate user profile information from one computer to another, you can use either Windows Easy Transfer or User State Migration Tool 4.0.
4. A computer running Windows PE will automatically reboot after 72 hours of continuous operation.
5. Windows Easy Transfer supports migration using any removable storage medium common to the two computers except floppy disks.
6. The Windows 7 component that enables the computer to support more than one language is called the Multilingual User Interface (MUI).
7. The reason it is possible to remove the Windows 7 installation disk to supply the Setup program with drivers is that Windows PE runs on a RAM drive.
8. To upgrade Windows XP to Windows 7, you must perform a Clean Install.
9. The files and settings that Windows Easy Transfer can migrate to a Windows 7 computer are primarily stored in User Profile Folder.
10. As a preinstallation environment, Windows PE is a vast improvement over MS-DOS because it includes internal support for Networking and NTFS.