Symbolic View Of Management
A limited time offer! Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
The symbolic view of management revolves around the scenario that there are different numbers of factor that are outside the control of managers and that is the reason why they have limited effect in the entire outcomes. The external outcomes that would affect an organizational performance are economy, governmental policies, technology and performance of previous managers. Managers that are working in an organization would symbolize control in an organization. For example, if a manager is working quite well but due to recession or global crises an organization is experiencing losses (Williams). Then it can be said that in this scenario the external forces are controlling the performance of an organization and this view is considered a symbolic view of management. Difference between Omnipotent view and Symbolic view: The difference between omnipotent and symbolic view of management are given below:- Omnipotent view
Symbolic view 1. Managers are directly responsible for an organization’s success or failure.
2. The quality of the organization is determined by the quality of its managers.
3. The performance of managers influences the organization goals.
4. The ability of managers is to gain success and failure by their good or bad performance.
5. Example: Coaches, Faculties, Group leaders, supervisors etc. 1. Managers are not directly responsible for an organization’s success or failure.
2. The whole control is not on managers, so the quality of the organization is not determined by the quality of its managers.
3. The performance of managers is not influences the organization goals.