Saving Water Saving Environment
A limited time offer! Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
• Water is a precious resource, but not infinite, thus saving water is always essential even in areas with abundant water resources. In addition to saving household spending, saving water also helps prevent depletion of groundwater resources, prevent water pollution in the basin.
• California is the most productive agricultural state in the union, and agriculture uses 80 percent of California’s water. In a year with practically none of the stuff, that’s enough to send ripple effects throughout the country.
1.Estimated potable water savings for residential homes in Southern California.
Freshwater use in California
• The largest percentage of water consumption (77%) in California is attributed to agriculture (Figure 1) with an estimated 13% for urban residential use (both single- and multi-family). In Southern California (the South Coast Hydrologic Region), however, about 54% of the water consumption (Figure 2) is attributed to urban residential use, which accounts for the largest usage of potable water by the municipal and industrial (M&I) sector (i.e., the urban sector). Although use of water by the M&I sector in the South Coast Hydrologic Region represents a small fraction of California’s total water use (~6%), the loss of even a small percentage of this potable water apportionment can have significant impact on the quality of life in urban areas so, we know that water is very important to us. People can’t live 2 days without water. The following, i will show you some ways which could save water in daily activites:
1) Brush Teeths:
• First, you open the tap, wet brush and then taps again. Toothpaste on the brush, start oral hygiene. Use a glass, taking just enough water to gargle, wash brushes instead of turning on the faucet dripping water when you’re brushing your teeth.
• You should put a small basin of water after each side to cut vegetables, onions, garlic … you usually wash your hands for books. As calculated, every time you wash your hands cook about 7-10 times. If each time the open faucet will waste a lot of water. Unless there need to clean grease, you just need a hand in the pot of water and then dry with a clean towel instead of washing under running tap and wasting a lot of water.
• If you wash your hands, wash laundry powder cleaner longer because many third-zo. You can always wash your hands or clothing when discharging alum put a piece of tap water. It makes quick wash clean, with less water. If alum concerns affecting the skin, you can use half a lemon was squeezed out of water. Quality acid in the lemon helps to neutralize the three-Zo in detergents. You can also bring rubber gloves to minimize hand washing several times. When discharging clothes last time, you do not pour water bowl away. Keep water to clean the floor or washing the car. You should not wash clothes every day whether by machine or by hand just bad clothes that consuming water. Please collect dirty clothes and cleaning routine twice a week or every two weeks (only need to wash underwear daily hygiene). On wash day, you gather all the dirty towels, pillowcases, blankets, socks, gloves, mask, jacket, scarf … to wash your hands at the same time. This washing saves water than washing several times a week.
4) In the bathroom:
• If you bath with shower, place the bottom of a large pot and stand on it. After each shower, you can re-use this water to flush toilets, wash bathroom floor …But more refreshing shower but cost you a lot of water. You should limit the number of times a week soaking, instead of dipping every day.If scrubbing the bathroom to do from high to low. Do not brush the floor first and then scrubs the sink, toilet. Thus, you will have to wash the floor once more. attention off the faucet at the sink washing.
• – The other thing to note in order to save water:
• * When watering, you should use the hose to be locked open when needed.
• * You should hang towels in a cool place long dirtier they will just wash it once a week.
• * Should combination car wash and clean the yard.
• * Do not allow children play in the water in the bathroom alone. We will open the faucet with torrential that when only a shower over the speakers. You should teach children water-saving consciousness from childhood.
• * Always check faucets, plumbing leaks do not. If yes you should play the primary key and fix the problem. Do not think a few drops of water dripping from the faucet is negligible, “a contemporary cottage area” that!