Pronouns Possessive Pronoun
- Pages: 4
- Word count: 869
- Category: Friendship
A limited time offer! Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
1. Narrative and reflective
2. It’s a romantic love story. Because it’s about a man trying to win the heart of his love. 3. i) tenant – the writers friends (homeboys) and Mimmy stayed in the backrooms of the house. ii) intrigue – the writer was captivated by Mimmy.
iii) audacity – the writer wanted to declare his feelings to Mimmy which was not an option. iv) oblivious – Mimmy was not phased by the comings and goings of others. 4. i) My friends were tenants in a certain house with backrooms. ii) I decided to approach her to get to know her better.
iii) Mimmy was reserved and she seemed not to notice us or other people for that matter. 5. i) Understand – not
ii) Until – opposite
iii) Unlike – not
iv) Underling – not
v) Unfortunately – opposite
6. i) Three nouns (type of nouns) – Mimmy, homeboys, first Proper nouns, common nouns, collective nouns
ii) Three verbs – visiting, was, mischievous
iii) Three adjectives – long navy, approach, noise
iv) Three adverbs – mingle, bargained, jogged
v) Three articles – the, an, a
vi) Three punctuations – it gradually became clear that, “I love this woman. I am in love”! vii) Three conjunctions – for, not, yet
viii) Three pronouns – possessive pronoun: I first told her that I wanted my children to have teeth like hers, lips like hers! Intensive and reflexive pronouns – I introduced myself first and asked for her name. Relative pronouns –That day finally came, the 01st of May, it was a holiday and it was perfect. ix) One adverbial phrase – Then, one day while we were chatting along the way, I realised from our conservation that she was also in trouble…she was also in love. x) Three prepositions – with, about, before
7. i) My cat is very playful.
ii) He thought he was able to pay his own school fees.
iii) These children are making a noise.
iv) This is indeed great news; I can’t believe I made it!
v) When I was young, I loved playing with dolls.
vi) She is an energetic young woman.
vii) I’m on my way home, hope I get there before it rains. viii) In 1990 he led his team to victory.
ix) Everyone has the right to live happily ever after.
x) I travel by bus to school every day.
10. Study reading
1. Love story. The narrator was telling a story of how he would win the heart of Mimmy who he was slowly falling in love with. 2. No homophones found in the passage.
3. Naughty – you know you shouldn’t do it but yet you do. Mischievous – playing a prank
4. Mimmy is a real lady and doesn’t allow the pleasures of life deter her from her goal. 5. Mimmy didn’t waste her time chatting she had a goal in mind and wanted to achieve it and the only way that would happen is if she kept herself busy with her studies. 6. The writer and Mimmy were very good friends and he didn’t want to ruin their friendship by telling her how he really felt about her. 7. Mimmy also probably didn’t want it to change their friendship or special feelings they shared as friends. She was scared she would chase him away. 8. The writer realised that when he eventually spoke to Mimmy and got an understanding of the type/kind of person she is it mesmorised him that he wanted more. 9. It didn’t bother the writer that she was not interested. 10. Unavailable
11. Her qualities, she was an introvert, always busy with her books, dressed appropriately and very quiet yet somewhat shy. 12. The writer was not sure of how she would react when he followed her. It could either have been to his advantage or disadvantage but he was unsure. 13. Mimmy would either be busy or not there at all. Mimmy was reserved and she seemed not to notice us or other people for that matter. Mimmy would greet and be on her way. 14. I realised that she was not like the other girls. Because we were making a noise in front of the backrooms she decided to go to the back of the house with her books. I asked why she was studying outside – that is where I got the noise story. 15. The writer’s very first proper encounter with Mimmy. 16. Paragraph 8
17. D – day
18. The writer wanted Mimmy to catch the hint of his feelings towards her by describing his children looks. 19. The writer decided instead of never telling Mimmy how he felt he will tell her. 20. The writer started to miss Mimmy during holidays. He got jealous when his friends asked about her. It dawned on him that he was inlove. He wanted to ignore his feelings for his friend. He was fearful of Mimmy’s response if he told her how he felt. Mimmy shared the same feelings but was also too scared to tell the writer. The writer plucked up the courage to tell Mimmy how he felt about her and described his future with her. She made as if she didn’t know what he was talking about.