Playback Video Rental System
A limited time offer! Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
A. Statement of the Problem
Our thesis is all about rental system for videos. Our client is the shop named playback video rental, we spoke to mr. Archie Arcangel who is the owner of the shop itself. We found out that their main problem was monthly checking of inventory and sales because of their current inventory system, which they conducting it manually. B. Definition of Term
* Inventory – A company’s merchandise, raw materials, and finished and unfinished products which have not yet been sold. These are considered liquid assets, since they can be converted into cash quite easily. There are various means of valuing these assets, but to be conservative the lowest value is usually used in financial statements. * Sales – Total dollar amount collected for goods and services provided. * Manual – Controlled or manipulated by a human operator (not automatically, such as by a computer) or powered by human or animal muscle power (not by an inanimate source of power such as an electric motor, gas engine, or sail). * Computerized – To enter, process, or store (information) in a computer or system of computers.
C. Theoritical Framework
* This proposal consists of a DSS project in video rental industry. The project will help the video store to make their business more efficient in terms of sales. The main problem in video stores is that they do not have enough copies of certain movies(mostly new releases). This DSS project will address this problem and it will estimate the number of copies of a certain movie that a video store needs by considering theatre sales, ratings, reviews and current account holders. The user of this system will be the manager of the video store. By using this system, the manager will be able to modify the video store in a best way that appeals to the customers. When the customers enter to the store, they will be able to find the release they want much easier and much quicker.
With the help of the DSS, the store will not run out of copies and will be able to satisfy more customers. The system will need to access 2 types of data. They are, the database of the members and movie statistics. By accessing the database of members, the system will be able to determine the movie genres that the customers prefer the most and make them most accessible to the customer. Movie statistics will play a big role in determining the correct amount of copies in a specific movie title to purchase. By implementing this system, the video store will have a competitive advantage over other video stores in the area and a greater overall productivity in terms of sales. In the long run, this project will strengthen the asset turnover in the video store and help the video store to make more profit.
“the study or description of methods”
* Collecting method
* Application method
* Classifying method
* Improvement in checking inventory system
G. Review of related literature
H. Scope of limitation
I. Significance of the study
A. Background of the study
* Playback Video Rental was the fist shop owned by Mr. Archie Arcangel.
* No further recommendations yet.
D. Technical aspects
A. Concluding statement
B. Analytical summary