Final Paper/Case Study
- Pages: 4
- Word count: 953
- Category: Case Study
A limited time offer! Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
Final Paper/Case Study
This final assignment requires you to apply concepts that you have learned over this session. Pay careful attention to the instructions.
Please read the included case study, Clean Car Care. You have been hired to help the company’s owner fill a manager’s vacancy at its north-side facility. Your paper (your input as an HR consultant) must address the following:
1. What method of final choice do you think Otto of 3C’s used to choose among the finalists? Explain your answer. Do you believe he used the correct method? Why?
2. The selection component of staffing is the process of assessing and evaluating people to determine if there is a fit between the person and the job. What KSAOs do you think are required for success in the manager’s position at 3C’s. Why?
3. Do you support the decision to extend an offer to Jane Roberts? Explain your position.
4. Recommend whether Jane Roberts should receive a best-shot, competitive, or low-ball offer. Explain why this is your choice. Also, discuss why you believe the other choices would not work in this situation.
5. Recommend other inducements beyond salary, health insurance, and vacation that might be addressed in the job offer. Explain why you believe these to be relevant inducements for Jane Roberts.
6. Draft and include as a separate page (not an attachment), a proposed offer letter to Jane Roberts, incorporating your recommendations in numbers 4 and 5 above, as well as other desired features that should be part of a job offer letter.
7. If Jane Roberts doesn’t accept the offer, what would you recommend as a next step to the owner? Explain your recommendation.
8. If the owner decides to extend an offer to Betts Cook, what type of offer would you recommend? Please answer Question 4 above as it relates to Betts Cook.
9. Recommend other inducements beyond salary, health insurance, and vacation that might be addressed in Ms. Cook’s job offer. Explain why you believe these to be relevant inducements for Betts Cook.
10. Draft and include as a separate page (not an attachment), a proposed offer letter to Betts Cook, incorporating your recommendations in numbers 8 and 9 above, as well as other desired features that should be part of a job offer letter.
11. You must reference no less than five (5) sources for your work. I am flexible on the types of sources that you utilize, but you must cite the source appropriately (using APA format). Please do not use social media type websites. Two (2) of your sources must also comply with instructions 12 and 13 below.
12. After your bibliography page, please include an annotations page and complete the following for two (2) of your sources: Choose articles that discuss, apply, or assist you in addressing any of the topics in this final paper. Do not rewrite the articles. Summarize the contents of the articles in your own words. If you use specific quotes or parts of the articles, you must cite the source appropriately (using APA format). Explain the articles’ application to this assignment (how does it relate?). How did you utilize this resource?
13. If you do not utilize UMUC’s library resources for these two (2) summaries, you must provide a copy of the articles. You can either 1) scan the article and attach it, or 2) email me the articles (in lieu of a scan). Non UMUC library articles must arrive on or before the Due Date.
Here are specific format instructions which you should pay careful attention to:
1. Do NOT include a cover page.
2. On each page include your name as a header
3. Include page numbers
4. You must include a bibliography page for any sources that you utilize (including 11 above). 5. Use APA format when you cite sources and for your bibliography. 6. Use 12 point font for your work
7. The offer letters should follow business format and be complete.
In grading your assignment, I will evaluate content, clarity, analysis, organization, mechanics, and accountability. I have been somewhat lenient on spelling and word choice up to this point, but for this paper, I will automatically deduct points and apply the rubric.
TURNITIN! – This assignment MUST be submitted to Turnitin. Failure to submit your work to Turnitin in a timely manner can cause your work to be late. The standard departmental penalty for late assignments will apply. For this assignment, the originality score should be 15% or less. Please submit your actual matching % with the assignment. A simple note at the top of your paper will suffice, i.e. Turnitin % = xx. I actually review your papers in Turnitin because the originality score is based on preset parameters that I cannot change before submission. I can however manage those parameters and adjust them when I review the papers.
ALL matches in the originality report should be reviewed to ensure that proper referencing has occurred. Turnitin is a tool that assesses the originality of your work. The matching % indicates how much of the work represents your thinking vs. the ideas from other authors. You may submit this assignment to Turnitin multiple times before you upload the final product to your Assignments Folder in Web Tycho.
If you do not submit the designated assignment(s) to Turnitin, I will return it to you as UNGRADED – the late penalty will apply until the project is uploaded with a Turnitin percentage. Please do not ask me to waive the Turnitin requirement or the late penalty for failing to submit the project to Turnitin.