Character analysis on the book ”Wrack” by James Bradley
A limited time offer! Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
* Arrogant – “I need the ship. You understand that don’t you? I need to find it.”
* Obsessive -” desire for the ship almost sexual, eating at him, coiling low in his abdomen”
* The obsession of finding the ship and changing history has affected him to isolate himself.
* Cautious – “I don’t know David, but I’m afraid. Be careful”
* Kind and loving
* Suspicious – “Her mistrustfulness disturbs her, taints her”
* In love with David
* “You can’t let a love consume you, let it eat you up. Do it and there’ll be nothing left of you” – she thinks obsession or the idea of “love” is malicious and destroys things around them.
* Indian Background – “Her voice is low, slightly accented, the Hindi of her parents colouring her words…”
* Intelligent – “Claire’s academic prowess; lawyer and doctor, knowledge coming to her easily, seemingly without effort.
* Old man reflecting on his past
* He is about to die
* Sinister/ malicious/ twisted
* Physically harmed himself
* Obsessed with Veronica, triggered by the obsession with the ship
“If only I had one thing for my heart”
* Burnt the ship to put the physical past behind him
* Obsessed with sex and men due to the lack of attention – “Her need her desire seemed to increase with the risk of discovery”
* Tries to take every opportunity with Kurt
* In the end looses both Kurt and Fraser
– Arrogant, charismatic, distant to veronica in relationship although dotes her.