Technology Trends Proposal
A limited time offer! Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
• Types and uses of EMR technology across health care industry and impact.
• Recommend for organization and why?
• Privacy, Risks & safe guards of EMR.
• Strategies & evaluate system effectiveness.
• Roles of management.
• Benefits of EMR.
• Educational and training needed for EMR.
• Electronic Health Records
To store patient medical information
• Personal Health Records
Patient collect, track, share information
• Digital diagnostics (Neurotrack)
A software use to diagnose patients
• Digital therapy (Wellframe)
Use to give patient after care
THE IMPACT OF EMR TECHNOLOGY
• Improve quality of documentation
• Patient safety of quality care
• Increased effectiveness
• Improvement of communication
RECOMMEND TO ORGANIZATION AND WHY EPIC SYSTEM /EMR
HIPAA PRIVACY & SECURITY
PATIENT HAVE CONTROL OVER THEIR HEALTH INFORMATION.
PROVIDERS MUST ESTABLISH STANDARDS THAT COMPLY WITH HIPAA.
VIOLATORS WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE AND PUNISHMENTS
STRATEGIES TO EVALUATE SYSTEM EFFECTIVENESS
The quality of the system and its capability.
Decision making , communication and collaboration
Accessibility to system ,improvement and fewer errors
Cost of the system to organization and its labor and material
Acceptability of the system by organization and satisfaction.
MANAGING THE SCOPE OF THE CHANGE IN THE SYSTEM.
INTRODUCE CHANGE TO THE ORGANIZATION
TRAIN AND EDUCATE EMPLOYEES WHO WILL BE USING
MAKE CERTAIN THE SYSTEM IS SOLID AND MANAGING ANY FAILURES WITH IMPLEMENTATION PLAN
THE BENEFITS OF EMR
• Improve quality and convenience of patient care .
• Increase patient participation in their care.
• Improve accuracy of diagnoses and health outcomes.
• Improve care organization
EDUCATIONAL AND TRAINING EMR
• Computer Software skills
• Analyzing electronic data
• Access & monitor patient EMR
• Coding diagnoses & procedures
• Demonstrate management skills
• Inclusion when using a new system remember HIPAA policies and procedures to keep all patients information privacy. Use the fundamentals when implement a new EMR technology. By using Epic it helps the needs of our organization and patients and provide a way to keep track of patient medical records and better quality care. The EMR has a positive impact on the staff job functions and productivity.
• Gilpin, L. (2014). 10technologies changing the future of health care. Retrieved from http:// www.techrepublic.com/article/10-technologies-changing-in-the-future-of-healthcare
• Journal of the American Board of Medicine. (2000). Impact of an electronic medical records system on community -based primary care practice. Retrieved from
• Epic.(2015). Retrieved from http://www.epic.com/about-index.php • National Academies Press. (1996). Evaluating the effects of tele medical on quality access and cost. Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.
• Study.com. (2003-2015). Healthcare information technology education & training program info. Retrieved from
http://www.study.com/articles/Healthcare_Information_Technology_Education_Training Program Info