A limited time offer! Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
A SWOT analysis is a structured group activity that is useful in identifying the internal and external forces that drives an organization competitive in its markets. SWOT is an acronym for Strength, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats.
· Good network coverage around Malaysia.
· Have strong brand image and as merge as the market leader in Malaysia.
· Good deals and special offers for different age groups and also target groups.
· The oldest and biggest in terms of size and technology.
· Provides reasonable plans and packages for all users.
· Always the first to introduce new mobile plans
· All type of telecommunication and internet technology services.
· Interruption of the line at certain areas.
· Bad customer services.
· Deals and offers are limited to certain time and area only.
·Users tend to switch to other telco with the existing number remains with no extra cost.
· Lack of Maxis centers to enquire information or to pay bills.
· For broadband, speed is good during the first 7 days after activation, and then the speed goes slower later on.
· New technology is developing like mushrooms, so when there are new telecommunication gadgets, there will be opportunities to explore in.
· Growth of people using hand phones and internet services provides more market opportunities.
· Expanding their business to overseas.
· Building more maxis centers especially suburban areas.
· New events and occasions to be sponsored.
·Growing market where many exiting telco company plus new emerging telco company are competing with maxis. ·Maxis customer switch to different telco in terms to enjoy the service and benefits by their competitor.
· New rules stating that all the hand phone users must register their number to their own respected telco centre.
· Financial crisis, economical issues or natural disaster.
The major competitors are DiGi and Celcom respectively according to their level of threat.
Objectives and Strategy of DiGi
The main objectives of DiGi are to become the main market leader in Malaysian market. This they have done by implementing many marketing strategies to persuade customers. This strategy includes the DiGi family and friends, 18 cent per any local call, reward on reload according to the amount reloaded within a month and mass advertisement.
Strengths of DiGi
The main strength of DiGi is the market size they occupy through their extensive marketing strategy and promotions. This has made them one of the market leaders and their service are largely demanded across the Malaysian market.
Weakness of DiGi
Their main weakness is limited coverage across Malaysia and the world. For example, sometimes when you send message to African continent with DiGi, the message will not be delivered to the recipient.
Objectives and Strategy of Celcom
Maxis are one of the new entries into the telecommunication service providers market, and their main objective is to get as much customers as they could. This they have down through mass advertisement, sponsoring sports programmers, rewards to their customers and organizing shows for students and the public at large.
Strength of Celcom
Their sponsorships for sporting programming is drawing many customers attention since Malaysia is a country vast in sporting activities.
Weakness of Celcom
Their services are inconsistent, due to poor and limited coverage as well as products features.
Maxis Competitive Advantage
Being the oldest and most experienced amongst the three, Maxis has many competitive advantages against its major rivals DiGi and Celcom. They currently posses the highest trend in the market share, giving the highest coverage, many products features and having the highest customer size in the Malaysian market. They are applying many future strategies to maintain their position as the market leader in the Malaysian market like niche marketing, business package development, intercontinental and international service expansion.
DIGI vs MAXIS vs Celcom Postpaid Plan
1. Maxis are a communication and internet technology base company which provides various kinds of services.
2. In the ever challenging market, Maxis had to compete against other company that provides the same services.
3. Rate plans and marketing strategies plays an important role for Maxis to gain success in sales figures.
4. Other than that, having good customer services could increase peoples trust on them.
· Goals Maxis is about life enablement.
Simple – straight forward and easy to understand.
Trustworthy – inspires confidence, assurance, conviction reliance
. Creative – everything we do and everything we say.
· Focus – achieving an efficient cost structure, it currently has to increase its investments, including subsidies and operating expenses to support its broadband and data business, which will provide significant additional revenue in the future. · Culture – Corporate Social Responsibility