- Pages: 2
- Word count: 270
- Category: Management Qualities
A limited time offer! Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
1.Why is quality is a difficult term to define? How can we improve our understanding of quality?
Quality itself has been defined as fundamentally relational: ‘Quality is the ongoing process of building and sustaining relationships by assessing, anticipating, and fulfilling stated and implied needs. Even those quality definitions which are not expressly relational have an implicit relational character. Zero defects and conformance to requirements or their modern counterpart, six sigma to build and sustain relationships.The structure features or characteristics of a product or service that bear on their ability to satisfy stated and implied needs to build and sustain relationships. The focus of continuous improvement is, likewise, the building and sustaining of relationships. It would be difficult to find a realistic definition of quality that did not have, implicit within the definition, a fundamental express or implied focus of building and sustaining relationships.”
2. Is there a difference between service quality and product quality?
3. What is meant by the phrase cost of quality? How can this phrase help a firm address its quality concerns?
4. Describe how the golden rule does or does not influence each of the six concepts of TQM?
5. Which of the gurus would be the father of quality control? Which had the greatest impact on management?
6. Select a product or service and describe how the dimensions of quality influence its acceptance.
7. How do recognition and reward affect motivation?
8. Give 5 advantages of an empowered team.
9. Why is employee involvement important to TQM?
10. List five common barriers to team progress?