Marketing Crocs in a Rural Area
- Pages: 4
- Word count: 787
- Category: Marketing
A limited time offer! Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
Vision And Mission
* Vision – To be the leading supplier of footwear in rural India. Have atleast one pair of crocs in each rural household. * Mission- To provide stylish, health beneficial, soft, comfortable , light weight and quality products to our customers at affordable prices.
Tag line goes, “Ab khushiyon mein koi rukawat nahi “ because these crocs will solve your health problems of leg pains and backaches and they also look very good. Thus bringing ‘khushiyan’ in your lives.
The name of the product is still kept Crocs only because the name is catchy and will be something unheard of and new for the villagers and thus it will grab more attention.
* Clog-like shoes available in different colours – black, blue, orange and green. * Available for both men and children in sizes 4 to 10. * Extremely light in weight. Thus solving issues of leg pain and backaches. * Has two acupressure points which improve blood circulation in the legs. * Low maintenance. They can be simply washed with water to keep them clean. They are long lasting. * Appealing to the eyes.
* Kept affordable for the rural people.
* Varies as per the size of the crocs.
* Size 3 to 6- Rs 120
* Size 7 to 10- Rs 150
* The villagers aren’t expected to have a heavy budget for something like footwear. And so they have been priced low at a price which villagers might be ready to pay.
* Acquiring the raw materials from Alephata where a small production plant is there. * The crocs are manufactured and sent to the main distributor in Junnar. * The distributor delivers the crocs to all the footwear retailers in Junnar.
* TVC: Script of the TVC:
A farmer after a day’s of hard work goes back home and finds his elder cousin has come to meet him. As he enters the house his 2 boys cling on to him and say:
Kids- “Papa chalo khelte hain”
Papa(farmer): nahi beta main thaka hua hoon aur mere pairon mein bhi dard hai.
Then the elder cousin interrupts.
Cousin: “isiliye toh main crocs ka istamal karta hoon(while pointing at his crocs). Isse pairon or peeth ka dard dono gayab ho jate hain aur inki design ki wajah se hamare pairon ki raksha hoti hai aur pairon mein aur takat aat hai(close up on the unique design of the crocs and the acupressure points).”
The farmer then buys the crocs.
Next day he comes home after work and asks his children, ” kya hua baccho? Aaj khelna nahi hai?” And then they are shown playing and having fun.
The logo of crocs comes in the end with the tag line – “Ab khushiyon mein koi rukawat nahi.”
* Posters and wall paintings in which a father(who looks like a farmer) has lifted one kid on his shoulder and the other is holding his hand. The whole family is wearing crocs portraying a happy family. And in the centre will be the name, logo and tag line of crocs. * Showcasing the crocs in monthly melas and asking the villagers to try them out and convince them about their benefits. * Make the sarpanch of the village himself the ambassador and make him where crocs at big village events like the monthly mela itself to increase the visibility. * Give crocs to all the postmen of the villages for free because they are the ones who have to go to each and every house and they can promote our product through word of mouth.
* Men and children belonging to R1 and R2.
* Women are not being targeted initially. Maybe after a year when we get a good response from the current target audience. This is basically because in rural areas, the men are the initiators and the decision makers. When they actually like the product, the women will get the approval of buying crocs. * Children are targeted because they can easily be fascinated by the bright colours and thus will force their father to buy it for them.
Logistics And Supply Chain
* The main raw material – Croslite which makes the crocs light will be delivered from Pune(the nearest city). * Other raw materials like rubber and thread will be acquired from Alephata. * Crocs will be manufactured in Alephata and then sent to the main distributor in Junnar.
The distributor will deliver the crocs to all the retail footwear stores in Junnar.
* Employing around 15 local people from Alephata for the production process. * Providing more business to the retailers in Junnar.
* Providing people the best product for the best price.