Dr. A.P.J Abdul kalam
A limited time offer! Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
* Personal profile
* Child life
* Educational career
* worlds students day
* Missile man
* Struggling times
* As a president
Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam
Commonly referred: A.P.J Abdul Kalam
Born on: 15th October 1931
Place of birth: Rameshwaram
* Born in Middle class family.
* Mother tongue is Tamil.
* Family relates to Muslim religion.
* Favourite past times: Reading Hindu holly books, writing poems in Tamil, playing Veena.
* Financial position of his family was not strong to support..
* Completed his secondary education at Schwartz School.
* Completed his B.Sc. Degree at St Joseph’s College.
* Diploma with a specialization of Aeronautical engineering at the Madras Institute of Technology.
• After completing diploma, he joined in (HAL).
• He puts his entire efforts for the development of India’s space rocket technology.
• He is popularly known as the “Missile India.
• In India he is highly respected as a scientist and as an engineer.
• Failed in launching SLV – III for the first time.
• He owned the responsibility for the failure of project.
But finally he achieved success in the next time.
Kalam as president
• He took oath as president of India on July, 25th 2002.
• He is the 11th President of India.
• He was popularly known as the “People’s President”.
• He gracefully turned away from his offices on 24th July 2007.
• Padma Bhushan – 1981
• Padma Vibhushan – 1990
• Bharat Ratna in – 1997
• First Asian to be honoured with “Hoover Medal” 2009. • Honorary doctorates from about 30 universities globally.
World students day
U.N.O declared Abdul kalam’s birthday as “ world students day ”
Why U.N.O declared only Kalam’s Birthday as…
Greatness of kalam
* Well versatile person.
* Well recognized by the world.
* Role model, Mentor.
* Follows: strict personal discipline,
• He loves Tamil poetry.
• Written poems in Tamil.
• Written several inspirational books:
Wings of Fire
India 2020 (Bigger Dream)
Scientist to President.
Ignited Minds: Unleashing the Power Within India.
India 2020: A Vision for the New Millennium.
Envisioning an Empowered Nation: Technology for Societal Transformation.
Guiding Souls: Dialogues on the Purpose of Life.
Children Ask Kalam
Kalam words towards nation
• India has people of high caliber and intelligence.
The only thing required is practical knowledge
• Requires overall development for becoming a developed nation.
“Dream, dream and dream…and convert these into thoughts and later into actions.”
“Dream is not what you see in sleep… it is the thing which doesn’t let you sleep”
Vision and global thinking.
Persistence, not giving up.
Bounces back from mistakes.
“Lets all join our hands together to achieve kalam’s dream towards nation”.
Presented by:Avi pipada 13011
Abhishek seth 13001
Yusuf shaikh 130
Saakshi mehta 13059
Harmeet dhinsa 13027
Zain shaikh 13086