A limited time offer! Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
In the developing world, washing laundry is a difficult, time-consuming task that falls solely on women. Mothers and daughters typically spend 8 hours each week scrubbing each piece of their family’s clothing and wringing out the harsh washing solution by hand. Electrical washing machine exists in this developing world but they are too expensive that others cannot afford. It is known to be the fastest way of washing clothes which requires less effort. In some instance, electricity is expensive and unavailable as it does not exist in some rural localities. This investigatory project entitled “Pedal Washchine” is designed to develop an improvised washing machine to lessen the physical burden of women doing laundry by hands. It will lessen the time of washing clothes, conserves energy and is environmental friendly. It is also made out of locally available and dumped materials. This eco-friendly laundry machine is cheaper than the commercial one. This will contribute a lot in electrical energy conservation. Yes, it is made of dumped materials but because of creativity and resourcefulness, we had come up with this useful machine.
This machine is environmental friendly because it doesn’t require electricity. It can be a double purpose machine which can be a laundry machine and at the same time, exercise equipment while washing clothes. Through this project, the husband can exercise using the pedal of the machine while his wife does the laundry. Kids can also help their mother doing the laundry while riding on it. The kids will surely enjoy it because we have made it just like the usual bike so it is very easy to use. Powered washing machines normally exist but this machine is quite unusual. Running water and electricity are expensive. Some cannot afford to buy washing machines or pay high bills. Our invention is the Pedal Washchine, a low cost, pedal-powered washing machine that is designed with readily available parts. It is easy to operate and uses no electricity. It can also help in keeping a healthy body for it requires man power in pedaling. ABSTRACT
As estimated, a woman often spends almost 8 hours of washing clothes each week. It is a real burden for every woman to suffer scrubbing each piece of clothes, doing laundry by hands as solution. Electrical washing machine exists in this developing world but they are too expensive that others cannot afford. It offers the fastest and less effort way of washing clothes. In some instance, electricity is expensive and unavailable as it does not exist in some rural localities. This investigatory project entitled “Pedal Washchine” is designed to develop an improvised washing machine to lessen the physical burden of women doing laundry by hands. It can lessen the time of washing clothes, conserves energy and this machine is environmental friendly.
Made out of locally available materials, eco-friendly laundry machine cheaper laundry machine compared to commercial one, it contributes a lot in electrical energy conservation. This is made out of dumped materials. But because of creative mind and resourcefulness, a useful machine has made. This machine is environment friendly because it does not used electricity. Eco-friendly laundry machine can be a double purpose machine which can be a laundry machine and at the same time exercise equipment while washing clothes. Through this project husbands can take exercise on the pedal of the machine while women do the laundry. Kids can also help their mother ding the laundry while enjoying riding on the bike and do the pedal.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
In doing this project, we researched, surveyed and observed. We did those to assure that this project will run successfully. We asked our teachers for advices. We looked around and figured out that our surroundings are facing a crisis, pollution. So we came up with this idea. A washing machine made out of pieces of junk, the things you’ll never thought you could use again. Our research methodology requires gathering relevant data from the specified documents and compiling databases in order to come up with the best project and the best product. In doing this project, we considered these questions. 1) What is the main problem of our community, of our surroundings? 2) Will this project surely help?
3) How is this project unlike the others? After looking at all aspects, we’ve decided to continue this idea and did this Pedal Washchine. SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
To begin, washing machine is a mechanical apparatus, usually powered by electricity for washing clothing. Electricity makes life easier but it can also give us problems, how can we afford to pay high bills? That’s why our team thought of different ways to lessen the use of energy. We found ourselves constantly thinking of all the possible ways and came up with our project: Pedal Washchine. Its materials can be found at home and it can be easily repaired. Our product is made up of drums, a small drum and a big drum. Clothes are put inside the small drum which will be put inside the bigger ones, PVC pipes are also used for it serves as the passage way of the water, and spare bike parts so that the whole Pedal Washchine can move. Its innovation is its simple design and its use of inexpensive plastic barrels and bicycle components. By this way we can help in reducing wastes in our community and it can also help in keeping our body fit and healthy. SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The study mainly focused on how our product can do for us humans or women for doing the laundry. The study also involved the capability of our product to help the women while having the laundry with the help of their husbands or their children in pedaling to operate. Our product is also a Eco-Friendly machine and it can also help you to have your exercise. OBSERVATION:
We observe that our product helps us to lessen the time we consume when we are having our laundry and it can also us to conserve energy. METHODOLOGY:
1. Prepare all the materials needed.
2. Make a framework to support the bigger drum in a fixed position.
3. Prepare the framework of the metals to hold the drum.
4. Make a parallelogram door on both drums. Make sure that the size of the door in the big drum can fit the small drum, but not big enough. And for the small drum, put a door so that you can put the clothes.
5. Make a small holes and put a PVC, so that after you laundry, the water can exit through that hole.
6. Prepare the framework for the cycler (the chair and the pedals).
7. Make a hole on both ends of the smaller drum. Make sure to make it straight. Also make holes on the side of drum to make sure that the clothes can accumulate soap.
8. Make holes on both ends also of the bigger drum. Make sure that the holes in the both drums are straight.
9. Put the smaller drum inside the bigger drum.
10. Put the metal rods to join the drums.
11. Join the metal rods and the cassette of the bicycle and use welding materials to secure it properly.
12. Join the chain and the cassette of the bicycle like an ordinary framework of the bicycle.
13. Secure the sides of the rods by using the pulley and also by adding extra support to the metal rods by putting something.
14. Secure anything that may cause problems by using the sprocket handle for the bicycle cassette and by using welding materials for the metals.
15. Have an effort to make it in use by pedaling it and watch the small drum inside of the big drum rolling and washing clothes.