Is Apathy a Disease?
A limited time offer! Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
The purpose of this report is to identify whether apathy is a disease or not. Objectives were to know the meaning of apathy, causes of apathy, meaning of someone being apathetic, the solution to this problem, and the answer to whether apathy is a disease or not. Problems were located in the report’s body, causes, definitions in addition solutions, answers, especially between the introduction and the body. The report recommends a change of behavior and making creative works, taking risks, powerful actions.
What is apathy? Apathy simply means absence/lack of emotions and feelings. Apathy is emanated from the Greek word (apatheia), which also means: absence/lack of emotions and feelings. What are the causes of apathy? What does it mean when someone is apathetic? How do we solve this problem? Is apathy a disease? In our society apathy is appreciated form of demeanor. In similar society people are able to stay unruffled when events occur that should make them feel conscience, as this demeanor shows high moral orthodox in there minds they like it and will perpetuate to do it until someone will interfere to increase this demeanor actions.
Apathy is a demeanor that makes a person keeps calm when events transpire that should make them feel consciences. There are an abundance of causes that makes a person apathetic here is some of it: * Loss of hope: Most people experience apathy when they lose hope. * Usage of drugs side affects: such as: 1-Topamax (drug) 2-Topamax Sprinkle (drug) 3-Septra (drug) 4-Bactrim (drug). * Depression
* Brain tumor (brain cancer): (apathy comes along with this disease). * Alzheimer (disease): looseness of memory (apathy comes along with this disease). * Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease: disease is a rare neurodegenerative disease that rapidly, progressively and severely affects the brain (apathy comes along with this disease). * Chronic personality disorders
An apathetic is a person who does not show any emotions or feeling in addition he/she doesn’t care about what happens around him/her of events, which should make him/her, feel consciences.
The solution to surmount apathy is to do creative works; the best way to deal with unwanted emotions is to take risks, powerful actions. You have to do something! Change your orchestration, make a colossal achievement and as a result your apathy will disappear.
Is apathy a disease? Apathy individually is just a simple personality trait or a demeanor. Sometimes apathy can indicate a form of a mental disease. This is when you simply have no emotions or feelings about anything. Everything in life is unimportant and unbiased to you. You couldn’t care less if your grades were low. This kind of apathy indicates a more serious state of mental disorder than depressed feelings. It’s the kind that drives some kids to go and arbitrarily shoot 10 of their classmates and feel no penitence. This kind needs medical and psychological help.
The Report concluded that apathy individually is not a disease it is a personality trait or a demeanor in addition it could be one of the effects of a disease such as Alzheimer. Also it could be a mental disease or mental disorder. Some of the causes of apathy are: loss of hope, usage of drugs side affects, Depression, Also brain tumor, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, Chronic personality disorders are causes of apathy too. A person being apathetic means he/she lacks emotions or feelings in addition he/she doesn’t care about what happens around him/her of events, which should make him/her, feel consciences.
* Emanate: issue or spread out from.
* Perpetuate: continue indefinitely.
* Unruffled: not disordered or disarranged.
* Demeanor: outward behavior or bearing.
* Moral: concerned with the principles of right and wrong behavior and the goodness or badness of human character. * Orthodox: conforming to what is generally or traditionally accepted as right or true: established and approved. * Transpire: occur; happen
* Abundance: a very large quantity of something
* Neurodegenerative: is the umbrella term for the progressive loss of structure or function of neurons, including death of neurons. * Arbitrarily: based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system. * Orchestration: plan or organization.
* Indicate: point out; show.
* Colossal: extremely large.
* Unbiased: showing no prejudice for or against something; impartial. * Arbitrarily: based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system. * Penitence: feeling or showing sorrow and regret for having done wrong
* Patty, Suez, Is apathy considered an actual mental illness? Yahoo answers, http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090322201437AAImU8J * Apathy, right diagnosis, http://www.rightdiagnosis.com/sym/apathy.htm * M.Farouk Radwan, What causes apathy and how to deal with it, http://www.2knowmyself.com/what_causes_apathy * Henry George Liddell, Robert Scott, A Greek-English Lexicon, at Perseus, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apathy