Can microbial factories be an answer to the shortage of raw metals
- Pages: 3
- Word count: 634
- Category: Disease
A limited time offer! Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
1. Can microbial factories be an answer to the shortage of raw metals? 2. Is the paleo diet (eating mostly meat) really the way prehistoric people lived? Is it the optimal diet for humans? 3. Is Europe’s opposition to genetically modified crops about science or economics? 4. Is autism a kind of brain damage?
5. How can we help autistic savants become productive members of society? 6. Are annual doctor’s check-ups really necessary? Are they really the best way to help people stay healthy? 7. Can endangered areas and animals be saved by helping local people develop alternative economies like raising tropical fish or ecotourism? 8. Can researching rare genetic disorders help provide keys to understanding cancer and other illnesses? (see Laron syndrome) 9. How important is it to explore our solar system? Is space exploration really necessary? 10. What is dark energy? What do we really know about the universe we live in? 11. Why do we sleep? How much sleep do we really need?
12. What is chronic fatigue? Is it a real disease and if so, what causes it? Can it be cured? 13. Is it beneficial or harmful for wild animals to have interactions with people? 14. Which of the current science fiction movies is the most plausible? (pick one or more and evaluate its representation of science) 15. How well do science museums really teach science?
16. Why do birds have such beautifully colored feathers?
17. Scientists who study behavioral epigenetics suggest that traumatic experiences such as the Holocaust or the Cultural Revolution in China actually affect the DNA handed down to the next generation. Is behavioral epigenetics true? If so, how should we apply this idea? 18. How are insects being used as models for miniature robots? 19. What have we learned about the universe from meteorites? 20. Did humans interbreed with Neanderthals?
21. How did human speech develop? Are there clues we can find in researchingprimate social interactions? 22. How do we remember things? How reliable are our memories in recalling how things really happened? 23. Why are some diseases that we thought we had eradicated (like the measles or whooping cough) returning to infect people? 24. Why do animals hibernate?
25. As men age, do they pass on genetic abnormalities to their children? Health Research Topics
1. Is stem cell research ethical?
2. What is a chimera and how could it help stem cell research?
3. What are the potential benefits and risks of stem cell research?
4. Are microbes that create chemicals and antibiotics going to help us prevent infections?
5. What is the best treatment for leukemia?
6. What is gene therapy?
7. What causes skin cancer?
8. What is the best strategy for people to avoid getting cancer?
9. Which cancers are we closest to finding cures for?
10. What has been the impact of colonoscopy testing on colon cancer rates?
11. Why do so many women get breast cancer?
12. Why is malaria such a difficult disease to eliminate?
13. Will global warming make tropical diseases like malaria and dengue fever travel north?
14. What is the best strategy to slow the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases?
15. Why doesn’t the flu vaccine work all the time?
16. How likely is it that a pandemic will arise that will kill large numbers of people in the world?
17. How well do childhood vaccines prevent diseases?
18. What is the West Nile virus?
19. Why do people get epilepsy? How can it best be treated?
20. Do doctors rely too much on expensive medical imaging technologies? 21. What causes Alzheimer’s disease?
22. Can memory loss and dementia be prevented?
23. How do cells protect the body from disease?
24. Does Chinese traditional medicine work better than Western medicine in some cases? 25. What is the best indicator of an increased risk of heart diseas Amazon Deforestation